Sleep apnea is a very serious sleep disorder in which a person experience repeatedly stopping and starting breathing while in sleep. If you are facing trouble in sleep and want to know whether you have sleep apnea or not then feel free to check the symptoms and signs of sleep apnea in adults, children, and toddlers.
Symptoms And Signs Of Sleep Apnea In Adults
If you are currently experiencing or noticing any of the below symptoms and signs then there is a quite high chance that you may have sleep apnea.
- You often wake up multiple times to drink water or use the bathroom.
- You wake up with a sore throat or dry mouth.
- You often wake up with a moderate to severe headache.
- Your partner or family member complains that you snore very loudly, louder than usual.
- You have sleep apnea risk factors, for instance, drinking alcohol, obesity or being overweight, or smoking tobacco.
- You are facing difficulty staying asleep, a problem called insomnia.
- Your bed partner or family member tells you that you sometimes stop when you are sleeping.
- You sometimes wake up shortness of breath abruptly.
- You are experiencing sexual dysfunction or less interested in sex.
- You have excessive daytime sleepiness, a disease called hypersomnia.
- You have concentration, memory or attention problems while awake.
- You experience frequent mood swings and have an irritating behavior.
- You sometimes wake up gasping or choking.
Signs And Symptoms Of Sleep Apnea In Children
According to research, 10% to 20% of children who have snoring problems may have sleep apnea. If your children are snoring then don’t take it lightly as it is an indication that he or she may have sleep apnea. Know that overall, 3% of children have sleep apnea.
If you don’t take it seriously and if your child’s sleep apnea left untreated then he or she may have adaptive, learning and behavioral issues. All these are much similar to ADHD symptoms:
- difficulty in learning new things
- very less or poor attention span
- continuously decreasing performance at school
You need to observe these symptoms or warning signs of sleep apnea to find out if your children have sleep apnea:
- mouth breathing (while asleep and awake)
- breathing pauses during sleep
- daytime sleepiness
Signs And Symptoms Of Sleep Apnea In Toddlers
Yes, toddlers also may have a sleep apnea problem and it is quite difficult for parents to discover it. You need to closely observe these warning signs and symptoms of sleep apnea while they are sleeping:
- pauses in breathing
- snoring and difficulty breathing
- coughing or choking
- sweating profusely
Additionally, you also to closely observe these warning signs and symptoms of sleep apnea while they’re awake:
- prone to irritability, frustration, and crankiness
- falling asleep at inappropriate times
- growing more slowly than they should (both weight and height weight)
- adenoid or tonsil related health problems
We hope you don’t have any symptoms above mentioned but unfortunately, you have signs then feel free to buy Modafinil online from Net Med Store (netmedstore.com) without prescription. Make a note that Modafinil is a prescription medicine and one not should take it without prescription. The same applies to children and toddlers you should not give Modafinil or other drugs without taking your doctor’s advice.